Thursday, February 16, 2012

Eye + Heart + Ewe



This was my entry for the first week of the Tuesday Alchemy challenge.  The challenge was RUFFLES!  Since it was featured on Valentine's Day, I figured that I should do something to go with that theme.  I drew out the eyeball with a sharpie, since I couldn't find a better way to showcase something for "I".  The heart was the ruffle part of my creation.  I cut out a larger heart for the bottom as my template, then I punched out a bunch of tiny hearts and layered it on top of each other to create ruffles.  For the ewe, I used the cricut cartridge, create a critter.  I added cotton balls to her head to add some dimension, and give her that fluff look.  The inside of the card is blank for writing a special note to that special someone.  I just added a heart to the corner to give it a little dimension.  This was a fun challenge, I have to admit that I was stuck for a bit, not knowing what to do with it.  I guess that's why it's called a challenge.  I like how it allows me to really think about trying different things.  Stay tuned for next weeks challenge!
Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. This card is just so sweet! I love the little details you added to it - Happy to have you on TA's team.

    Happiness,
    Corrinne
    Pin & Tack
    http://pinandtack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Corrine!! I'm happy to be on the team! I'm enjoying the challenges!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!
Don't forget to leave your website addies,
so I can visit you!
Thanks for visiting me!
Cheers!
♥Loves Happy Hour♥