Sunday, August 26, 2012

Learn With Joy Blog Hop & Challenge

 
Welcome to the Learn With Joy Blog Hop & Challenge by Tuesday Alchemy! I hope you enjoy the projects that were created this week!  Happy Hopping! Hope to see you join in on all the fun!



*Blog Hop & Challenge Info*
Theme this week is Learning With Joy, come up with a project that falls into that category and link it up to the challenge blog: tuesdaylachemy.blogspot.com

This week were are so fortunate to have 3 sponsors.  There will be 2 lucky winners for participating in this weeks challenge, and 1 lucky winner for participating in the blog hop.




 *How To Participate*
**In order to win the blog hop prize, you must leave a comment in the blog hop post.  One of our Tuesday Alchemy design team members will be chosen at random to select a winner from the comments section.  You do not have to be a follower on every blog, but you DO need to leave a comment in order to qualify for prizes.
Good Luck!


This was our inspiration for this week!


I decided to do something a little different this week.  Since the theme this week is LEARNING, I decided that I wanted to create something that revolves around that concept.  I thought it would be fun to create alphabet learning flash cards.   I made cards in all different colors to make it appealing and fun to children.  I used the letters of the alphabet and made pictures using different images using my cricut and my eclips machines that associated with the letter.  Most of the images are animals, not too long ago I wrote about making a lot of critters and now I'm putting them to use.  Most of the papers used to make the pictures were from scraps that are left over from previous projects.   I wanted to make it fun for the children, so I used a lot of bright colors and different patterns.  I know that we often associate certain things with certain colors, but I didn't really do that for all of the pictures.  I didn't get too wild with it, but I did do some things in a little different color spectrum.   I think that children should be able to use their imaginations, and not only see things according to what society tells them it is.  I want to encourage individualism and outside of the box thinking. 
Aa is for Apple
Bb is for Bear
Cc is for Cat
Dd is for Dog
Ee is for Elephant
Ff is for Fish
Gg is for Giraffe
Hh is for Horse
Ii is for Ice Cream
Jj is for Jack O Lantern
Kk is for Kite
Ll is for Lemon
Mm is for mouse
Nn is for Nose
Oo is for Owl
Pp is for Penguin
Qq is for Queen
Rr is for Rabbit
Ss is for Sun
Tt is for Tree
Uu is for Umbrella
Vv is for Vase
Ww is for Whale
Xx is for X-ray
Yy is for Yo-yo
Zz is for Zebra









I cut the cards with a hole at the top to add either ribbons to make it even more exciting for the children.  I will also add a removable ring to the hole so it can be kept together easily.  I laminated each card, so it will last longer. I am planning on giving this to my friends daughter who is currently in preschool.  I hope that you enjoyed this project as much as I enjoyed making it!  
Hop on over to the next blog!


Kelli - You Are Here
Maria - Your Next Stop
Photobucket

42 comments:

  1. What a fantastic project!! I love how colourful those cards are :D

    *hugs* Shell x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the alphabet flash cards. Reminds me of my days when my daughter was younger. She headed back to college Fri 8/17 and is a Junior in college studying Art Animation.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Wow! Art Animation! That's so cool!! She takes after her mom! :)

      Delete
  3. Thats a really wonderfull project.. cool idea with all that tags...your kids will have a lot of fun with it!

    LG
    Michaela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!! this is for my friends daughter going to preschool!!

      Delete
  4. This is so cute! I love the flashcard idea! Thanks for joining us at Use It Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful project! I made alphabet flash cards just with letters for my toddler and I know how long that took, I can only imagine the time that it took to make these and they are so cute! Thanks for joining us at Use it Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It was very time consuming, but it came out so cute. It was totally worth it!! I'm glad I found your blog!!

      Delete
  6. Wow, those hand made flash cards are so much better than store bought ones! I just LOVE IT! They are so much fun, and very colorful! Thanks for sharing them at My Sheri Crafts this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute project! That looks like a lot of work, but I bet she will enjoy them. Thanks for playing along with Use It Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I had fun with it!! I'm glad that I found you ladies!!

      Delete
  8. These cards are so cute. I like the idea of laminating them so that they will last too. What a great idea! Thanks for playing along with the Back to School Challenge at Simply Create Too this week.
    Jennifer- Simply Create Too Design Team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the laminating part was a little tricky, but it worked. it was fun!

      Delete
  9. Wow, this is great, would be perfect for those learning their ABC's! Thanks for joining us at Blogger's Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks!! I'm glad to be a part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Flash card!!! Thank you for playing along this week at OSAAT. I sure hope to see you back again very soon.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl OSAAT DT
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm looking forward to joining you again!

      Delete
  12. Kelli, your use of cut letters and shapes for your flash cards is a wonderful idea for youngsters. I've enjoyed seeing how they turned out. TFS! Hugz, ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow what a fantastic creation.. Very inspirational.
    Thanks for sharing your creation with us at One Stitch At A Time for our 'Back to school' challenge.
    Hope to see you back next week.

    Choccy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so cute! Great idea and great job! thanks for joining us at My Sheri Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are wonderful! SO creative and so cute. I love this kind of thing. Thanks for joining the Back to School challenge at One Stitch at a Time! Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  16. This project looks fun, but lengthy! You prove to everyone time and time again how much patience you have--I think they came out great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen!! It was fun, and I gave them to my besties daughter so it was well worth it!!

      Delete
  17. Wonderful gift idea for a pre-schooler. Thanks for joining our CropStop Back to School Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMGoodness!!!! What an amazing project. Thanks for playing with us at OSAAT.
    Hugs Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! It was fun and I hope to join you again soon!

      Delete
  19. YIKES!!! That's a lot of work but soooo worth it! I have 3 little Grand daughters and they would love their OWN sets. Your individual photos are much appreciated as well as your list!
    New follower # 51.
    Hope you get a chance to stop by and say HI so you can enter to win my FREE $$$ giveaway for my 1st year Blogaversary.
    Creative Wishes,
    Claire S.
    http://www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com/2012/08/my-1-year-blog-anniversary.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! It just takes some patience!! Thanks for the follow! I will surely pay you a visit!

      Delete
  20. this is such a creative idea and what a gift for a younger student-I love it

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks Joanna! I hope to join you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!
Don't forget to leave your website addies,
so I can visit you!
Thanks for visiting me!
Cheers!
♥Loves Happy Hour♥