Friday, January 25, 2013

Mastering this Cleanse!

The Master Cleanse is what I've been up to the past 12 days!  This is the third time that I did the master cleanse.  I did it last January for the first time, and was it a challenge!  This being my third time around, it wasn't so bad.  I basically did it this time, to stop the bad eating habits that I acquired during the holiday season!  Ask me what I got for Christmas, and my answer will be; that I got FAT for Christmas!  I am a junkaholic!  I wanted to get this in before Super Bowl!  I know it sounds a little off, that I'm cleansing before Super Bowl.  The thing is that I felt like I needed to get it going in January!  I have a plan!  Today is my last day on the Lemon juice part, you need about 3-4 days to get yourself to regular eating habits. Which will leave me a couple days before Super Bowl! I can eat and indulge a "little" for Super Bowl and for about a week.  Then comes Ash Wednesday, then Lent will begin.  I have another plan for lent, that I am still working out the kinks! ;) 

Just a little insight of what the Master Cleanse is, it is a cleanse that helps rid the body of toxins, also helps with weight loss, even sickness as well as other body ailments. 
 The minimum about of days to cleanse is 10, and the maximum is 40.  The average is 21. This is not only a health and diet cleanse, it is also a spiritual cleanse as well.  If you read the literature on this cleanse there are specific reasons for everything you practice throughout the cleansing experience.
You do not eat at all while on this cleanse.  You make a drink that is all natural that consists of fresh lemon juice, water, 100% maple syrup and cayenne pepper.  

In the mornings, I do a Salt water flush.  This is probably the worst part of the cleanse.  You mix 1 quart of room temperature pure water and 2 teaspoons of sea salt.  Drink the entire glass.  Next is a waiting game.  In about 1 hour or so you will feel the need to "flush"!  Believe me, you will know when you have to go!  For this part, you need to plan your morning accordingly.


Here's how you make the drink.

First and foremost, you need to squeeze your lemons or limes ahead of time.  It's important that you use freshly squeezed juice.  Nothing from the bottle.  I have an electric juicer, but couldn't find a part to it, so I decided to use the manual juicer for a little arm toning! To me the lime juice is too tart, I prefer the lemons! Limes remind me of horrible nights and mornings after drinking way too much tequila shots! :(


2 Tablespoons of fresh lemon juice

Add in 8 ounces of  pure water


Add 2 Tablespoons of 100% maple syrup, it can be either Grade A or Grade B.  There is a great difference in price! Grade B is a little harder on your pocket, but supposed to be a little sweeter. To me there's not that much difference.


Don't forget to add in a dash or so of cayenne pepper.  If you like it hot, this is right up your alley!  

Bottoms up!

You need to drink between 6-12 glasses of this drink everyday.

In between you can only drink water and caffeine free tea (preferably peppermint tea)

If you want to, you can drink a detox tea at night before bed.

For me, I feel really thirsty after drinking the salt water, and the lemon makes my throat a little scratchy.  I love a tall glass of iced water!
If anyone is interested in reading the literature on The Master Cleanse, I can email it to you.  It's very long, but very interesting.

It's said that people will cleanse 3 times a year to maintain.  Since it's getting easier and easier, I will probably do it again this year.  It's really not as bad as it sounds.

A toast to good health!

 Other than crafting for a Birthday/ Super Bowl party, this is what I've been up to!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!
Don't forget to leave your website addies,
so I can visit you!
Thanks for visiting me!
Cheers!
♥Loves Happy Hour♥