Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Butterfly wands!

Happy July!! Hope your summer is going great!  Just wanted to share some recent projects.  I've been very busy, and haven't been taking as much pics of my projects as I should. 

I made these wands for my besties daughter to give her little friends for her ballet recital.   I really kinda just winged this 1.  Jumped in totally blind, and just went with what worked!   I was so excited to make these and even more after they ended up being cute!  After I was done, I kept thinking to myself why didn't I try making this before?  

It was very simple!  I had some left of dowls from previous projects, so I just used those.  I ended up needing more last minute,  so I used chopsticks.  You can get a bag of assorted size dowls for a couple dollars at the craft store or I've even bought it at Walmart. I wrapped all the dowls and chopsticks with grosgain ribbon to jazz it up and make it more colorful.   I used foamies to make the butterflies and Hello Kitty.  I cut the foam with my big shot, using the diecuts.  If you don't have a die cut machine, you can easily trace and cut your own design or even just buy some cut pieces at the craft store or even Walmart.  I glued the pieces together and let set.  After the glue dried, I added a bow to finish it off!

I made her a little ballerina Hello Kitty goodie bag! To go with her Hello Kitty wand!

3 comments:

  1. OMGosh, how CUTE is that??? All the little ballerinas will simply LOVE the Hello Kitty bag and wand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! After I was done making this, I kept thinking to myself, why didn't I think of doing this before?!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you!
Don't forget to leave your website addies,
so I can visit you!
Thanks for visiting me!
Cheers!
♥Loves Happy Hour♥