Thursday, September 27, 2012

Fruity & Sweet




So sweet!! I cut this watermelon using the cricut.  I really wanted this watermelon to look as authentic as possible, so I used green zebra print card stock to get the lines and colors or the outside of the watermelon.  I used some scrap pink polka dot card stock for the cheeks, and scrap black card stock for the face.  To make the watermelon pop out a little more, I used thick raise double-stick tape to lift it off the card.  I stamped the "so sweet" in black on the scalloped Tiffany blue card stock.  I didn't take a picture of the inside of the card, I used a pink card stock with pinking edges.  I left it blank to write your own sentiments.  This card can be used as an all occasion card.  Super simple and quick to make.



Here is another "sweet" card I made with strawberries! I think I was inspired by the hot days of summer and eating lots of fruits?!  These strawberries were also made with the cricut.  I felt is was a little too plain, so I cut out the "sweet" also with the cricut to give it a little something extra.  I used the thick double-stick tape again for all of the strawberries and the word.  It really does make a big difference in the overall look.  The inside of this card is also blank for writing your own sentiments.  This can be an all occasion card as well.

Hope everyone gets to enjoy some sweet fruit!



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hello, hello Eileen. Love you fruity cards. You're so clever to use zebra print cardstock. That's got to be the cutest watermelon I've ever seen. :-) And your strawberry card is "scrumptiously" sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops! I think you've got me mistaken with Eileen from Love in an envelope.

    Thanks for the lovely comments!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!
Don't forget to leave your website addies,
so I can visit you!
Thanks for visiting me!
Cheers!
♥Loves Happy Hour♥