Tuesday, April 22, 2014

For someBUNNY special!

Happy Easter! I know that it's a little late, but you know how it goes! I just wanted to share some Easter goodies that I made this year. 

This is a little goodie jar that I saw on pinterest!  I have to admit that I thought it was gonna be super easy to make, but was a little harder than I thought. I tweaked it a little here and there, and just went with what worked! 
 
To make this, I used edible grass, egg shaped candies, candy bunnies, mason jar, ribbons, and stickers.  The edible grass is very interesting, the green grass that I used here is green apple flavored, there is also little yellow bunny confetti that is banana flavored.  Stuff the grass inside the jar, I used a spoon to push it down and flatten it a little.   I added the egg shaped candy to the jar.  Through trial and error,  I decided to leave the bunny in the wrapper.  I've seen on pinterest that people use chocolate bunnies, and put them unwrapped in the jar.  I did not use chocolate bunnies, just because they were a little on the pricey side, and I wanted to keep the cost down.  The price of one chocolate bunny, was the same as a pack of five bunnies.  I got Reese's and cookies and cream bunnies.  Since they were a little on the smaller side, I opted to put two together in one jar.  I put them back to back,  so you could see it front and back in the jar.  I also want to add that the jar that I used, is completely smooth.   No writing,  or designs on the jar.  I got them at Walmart,  I was excited to find these babies!  I wedged the bunnies in the middle of the grass, and added more eggs around the bunnies to make Iittle more secure.  Adjust things around to your liking.   Now to add a little sass to the jar, I wrapped the outer rim of the jar with grosgain ribbon,  and put stickers on the top of the jar to jazz it up a little.  To top it of I added an Easter tag! 


 I love how these came out! It's so festive,  and doesn't it just make you wanna smile?! :) 

The fun thing about Easter, is that you can use pretty much any color!  It doesnt have to be just pastels! 

What do you love about Easter?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!
Don't forget to leave your website addies,
so I can visit you!
Thanks for visiting me!
Cheers!
♥Loves Happy Hour♥