Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Strawberry Infusion

What are your plans for V-day?? Don't worry, even if you don't have a sweetie to spend it with that doesn't mean that you can't have a little fun.  These strawberries are sure to be a hit, whether it is with your valentine, a group of friends or even alone.  Be sure to label them, if there are children in the house, these are not for kids! 

Chocolate Whipped Infused Strawberries! Doesn't it just sound delish?!! For this recipe I used Pinnacle Chocolate Whipped Vodka.  Check out their site for recipes and other flavors!





First you want to take your strawberries and wash them off.  Next you're going to remove the stems, so it's easier to handle.




Now, you are going to poke the strawberries with a toothpick in different parts of the fruit.  What you're doing, is making tiny holes to let the vodka seep in.  I poked mine about 10-15 times all around each strawberry.  After you're done making your holes, stick the toothpick down the center of the strawberry around the area the stem was in,





Find a vessel to put your strawberries in.  I used a tall cylinder shaped tupperware, but anything will work.  Fill your vessel with all your prepped fruit.




After your fruit is loaded, it's time to pour in the yummy! Add your vodka, for me I poured the entire bottle because I used a lot of strawberries and I was working with a short amount of time.




Once your vodka is in, leave it in the refrigerator as long as desired.  I left mine from the night before and took it out about lunch time the next day.  It was pretty strong.  Honestly I didn't think that it was going to be that strong, because I have gone to bars before that serve infused lychee martinis and I've been told that they leave it in the alcohol for a week if not more.  Depending on your tastes you can play with the time.  I just served mine up like this, but some guest did drop their strawberry in their juice.  You could also sprinkle some brown sugar to add some added sweetness or whip up your own martini and add it in.  It doesn't taste exactly like a chocolate covered strawberry, but it did taste like chocolate mixed with strawberries with a little added punch! Enjoy!

A great idea for a get together or a fun night in with your sweetie!

Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. ooh, i bet those can be potentially potent!! that would be really fun and delish if you could figure out just the right amount of time to soak them and serve them up with some kind of drink. wonder if champagne would taste good together, lol! thanks for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!
Don't forget to leave your website addies,
so I can visit you!
Thanks for visiting me!
Cheers!
♥Loves Happy Hour♥